The summer has come. Apart from hot sun, the climate has become sultry. May be after a week or so, one can expect even the hot waves. To combat it, we use extra electricity in the form of fans, air coolers, air conditioners, refrigerators etc.
During the usage, we really feel happy and refreshing. Due to prolonged and high usage of these electrical appliances, we get UNEXPECTED electricity bills. Thus if we can follow some tips, one can reduce the electricity bills to a greater extent.
According to U.S. Department of Energy, the following tips are very helpful in reducing the electricity bills:
Tips For Using A.C.:
1. Get branded and star rated electrical appliances.
2. While running A.C, don’t forget to close windows and doors.
3. Don’t run exhaust fan and window fan during AC running.
4. Have a full ceiling in the room to have maximum cooling effect. This will greatly reduce the power consumption.
5. Depending upon the size of the room, select a suitable capacity of AC.
6. Run the AC at a uniform temperature for minimum power consumption.
7. Don’t forget to conduct AC service yearly.
8. Instead of using remote, switch off the main power button too.
9. Clean the AC daily. This will reduce usage of power by 15%.
Tips For Using Electrical Bulbs:
1. If it is not necessary, switch off the lights.
2. If you are in a single room, turn off the lights at other rooms.
3. Use CFL bulbs instead of traditional bulbs and tube lights.
4. Light colored walls need less power to illuminate rather than dark colored walls.
Whatever may be the electrical appliance, you need to use if efficiently. These tips can decrease the power consumption by as much as 20%. But if you want to reduce the electricity bills by 80%, then go through this secret report – Earth4Energy.